Congratulations! You’ve made the big decision to install new carpet in your home.
We would like to take a moment of your time to help you prepare for the “big day.”
1. If you are planning to PAINT OR WALLPAPER, try to do it several days before the installation. The longer it has to dry, the better chance it has to adhere permanently to the wall. Our carpet mechanics attempt to be as careful as possible but, becauseof the angles they must use the tools, some minor touch up can be expected.
2 If you have any questions or concerns about SEAM PLACEMENT, do not hesitate to inquire about this when the installer FIRST ARRIVES at your home. Once he has made the first cut on your carpet, he cannot change his plans.
3. We will move the LARGE PIECES OF FURNITURE at a charge, but we ask that you remove all ACCESSORIES including lamps, knickknacks, and other breakables. If you have buffet, china cabinet or book shelves, it must be empty. Items that could require some advance preparation may include fish tanks, grandfather clocks, pool tables, waterbeds, or grand pianos. We ask that you move ITEMS such as, stereos, televisions, computers, any rare antiques or heirlooms, etc.
4. Clear CLOSET FLOORS (hanging items are fine).
5. Our installers will remove and haul away your old carpet. Please instruct them, otherwise, if you wish to keep the carpet. Our installers do not vacuum after installation.
6. Persons who are allergy-prone or sensitive to odors or chemicals should avoid the area and ventilate with fresh air (open doors and/or windows, use exhaust fans, etc.) during all phases of installation and for at least 72 hours thereafter.
We work very hard trying to please you. We hope the above suggestions will help make the installation of your new carpet a pleasant experience. If we have not addressed a concern you may have in this letter, please give us a call and we can discuss it.
Thank you for choosing Bretz Interiors!