Vinyl and Linoleum Floor Care
Keep Your Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring Looking New
- Wait at least 24 hours before cleaning your new resilient flooring
- Cover your entryways with mats to reduce the amount of dirt, sand, and oil that could be tracked in. Avoid mats that have a rubber backing as this may cause damage or discolor your flooring.
- Take your shoes off at the door! Be sure to wear slippers or socks. Your feet have oil on them that will transfer onto the floor.
- Cover your furniture legs with floor protectors that are made of hard plastic or felt.
- Vacuum regularly to remove loose dirt. Use a vacuum without a beater bar to avoid scratching your floor.
- When further cleaning is needed, use a mop with warm water. Use water by itself or use a manufacturer-recommended cleaning product. It should be a cleaner that rinses clean. Many cleaners can leave behind a sticky residue that will act like a dirt magnet.
- Use non-abrasive cleansers or scrubbing pads on your resilient floor to avoid scratches.
- To prevent stains, wipe up spills immediately.
- Use a non-abrasive scrubbing pad for stubborn stains that are caused by these: Mustard, ink, permanent marker, asphalt, shoe polish, mold, mildew or hair dye.
- Need to remove black heel marks? Spray some WD40 on a cloth and wipe off the marks. Clean the area with warm water and a mild detergent, then rinse clean.
Leave the Stress Behind with Bretz Interiors!
Vinyl and Linoleum Floor Care in Denver, Littleton CO and Surrounding Areas
Meet with one of our design consultants to discuss your flooring or window covering project. We offer all types of flooring including wood, stone, tile, luxury vinyl and carpeting. Our custom window coverings from Hunter Douglas include blinds, shades, shutters, draperies and motorization options. With more than 100 years of combined experience, the staff of Bretz Interiors can handle any project.
We Are In Your Neighborhood
Our Showroom is in Lakewood, CO but we also provide free in-home appointments throughout the Greater Denver area including Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Golden, Westminster, Littleton, Morrison, and the neighborhood of Applewood, CO, and surrounding areas.